Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your Indianapolis home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at McComb Window & Door have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring an entire look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can be given a major makeover.
Accept guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the McComb Window & Door showroom in Indianapolis, give them a call at 317-983-5922 or schedule an appointment online to work through all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.