Winter weather is just around the corner in Indianapolis and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and McComb Window & Door is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Indianapolis winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can trickle in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Windows & Doors of Indianapolis professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Indianapolis.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at McComb Window & Door in Indianapolis a call at 317-872-9927 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.