Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Remember these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your house. What is the purpose of your space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for years to come.
- Forget stick with the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! McComb Window & Door has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at McComb Window & Door a call at 317-983-5922, visit our Indianapolis showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.