Fall is just around the corner in Indianapolis, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at McComb Window & Door in Indianapolis a call at 317-983-5922 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!