When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Indianapolis, you might feel more than a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
No matter if you are having five or 50 people over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will give you maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Keeping things organized will give you the space you need to prepare food and visit with family. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes it easy to clear away the after-dinner mess so you can relax with loved ones.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. Not only does it keep your home warm, but it is often the focal point of the room. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at McComb Window & Door in Indianapolis to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through this chilly season in Indianapolis, it is hard to find vibrant colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Indianapolis every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. It’s easy to be forgetful, especially during busy holidays. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. You can add tables, chairs or even a bench with extra storage. This is a perfect spot for you to set Santa’s cookies or enjoy a cup of coffee before Thanksgiving cooking begins.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Indianapolis than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more ideas about how to make your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, visit our professionals at McComb Window & Door in our Indianapolis showroom or reach us at 317-983-5922.